- This event has passed.
Derbyshire Domestic Dwelling Sprinkler Activation
23 January 2022 @ 3:07 am - 5:09 pm
- Fire Rescue Service; Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service (DFRS)
- Incident; Fire
- When; 23 January 2022
- Time of call; 03:07
- Time of Stop; 05:09
- Where; Allenton
- Use of premises; Single private dwelling
- Fixed installation; Automatic fire suppression system (AFSS
DFRS have reported the above-mentioned incident resulting in the activation of the premises domestic sprinkler.
- DFRS were called to a fire located within the kitchen on the ground floor of the premises
- Involving the attendance of two fire pumping appliances
- On arrival operational crews established that the fire had been contained/controlled by the actuation of the premises sprinkler residential system.
- Operational crews were committed wearing Breathing Apparatus who extinguished the fire
- The cause of the fire was established to involve the family washing appliance/dryer
- 5% of the ground floor sustained fire damage
- All persons were accounted for with 2 adults requiring further medical attention for smoke inhalation
This good news story may have taken over 12 months to make the headlines on Sprinkler saves Uk, but once again it highlights the benefits of sprinklers protecting families in their homes.
A sprinkler system is the only active fire system which
- Detects a fire
- Gives an audible warning
- Contains/controls or extinguishes a fire
Did you know fires involving white goods in London within dwellings from January 2021 to 31 December 2021 accounted for.
- 122 incidents in total
- Just over 10 incidents per month
Clearly identifying the dangers of fires involving white good appliances
Derbyshire Fire & Rescue should be applauded for their continued Think Sprinkler Campaign for the installation of domestic sprinklers for all new build properties and as a retrofit