- This event has passed.
Wembley High-Rise Bedroom Sprinkler Save
24 April 2022 @ 2:11 pm - 3:11 pm
- Fire Rescue Service; London Fire Brigade (LFB)
- Date of Incident; 24 April 2022
- Location; London
- Purpose Group; Purpose built Flats 10 or more stories
- Consisting of 77 individual self-contained flats
- Time of call; 14:11
- Incident; Fire
- Location of incident; Bedroom
- Automatic Fire Suppression System; Sprinklers
LFB have reported the above-mentioned incident demonstrating the benefits of installing a residential sprinkler system in a new purpose built high-rise residential block.
The fire occurred within the bedroom of a flat on the first storey of the premises, 1 sprinkler head actuated containing/controlling the fire.
The cause of the fire is currently under investigation, no injuries were reported
BAFSA Incident data report No 2
Focusing on detailed analysis of compound data on fire incidents in Great Britain where sprinklers were reported over the period of 2018/19.
Identifies that over the 3-year period where sprinklers are reported as being present in purpose-built block of flats;
- Out of 122 fires reported within flats, bedroom fires accounted for 14 incidents.
- Resulting in 7 sprinkler activations
kitchen fires accounted for the highest number of sprinkler activations within flats with 40 from 89 incidents reported where sprinklers were reported as present.
- Focusing on the location of the fire where sprinklers were reported as being present, activating in the following building types.
- Purpose built flats low rise, 1-3 storeys
- Purpose built flats medium high rise, 4-9 storeys
- Purpose built flats high rise 10 or more storeys
Reporting a sprinkler save, click here