- This event has passed.
Revised Sprinkler Save In Cornwall’s Only High-Rise Residential block
1 November 2021 @ 12:43 pm - 1:45 pm
- Date of incident; 1 November 2021
- Time of call; 12:43
- Attendance of Cornwall Fire & Rescue Service
- Park House, Bridge Road St Austell
- Occupancy; Residential
- Location of fire; Kitchen
- Sprinkler system retrofitted
- Your attention is drawn to the above images that show the effectiveness of the sidewall sprinkler head that activated following a cooking fire in the kitchen
- The fire took place on the second floor of the 12 storey high rise residential block
Credit images, Domestic Sprinklers
Cornwall Fire & Rescue Service have reported the following incident that clearly identifies the benefits of retrofitting residential sprinklers, in this case within a 12-storey high-rise residential block.
Cornwall’s only high rise residential block!!!!!!!!!
Following reports of an automatic fire alarm sounding in a block of flats, operational crews were mobilised from St Austell Community Fire Station.
On arrival, it was Identified that a fire had been extinguished by the residential sprinkler system within a flat, one occupant required medical attention due to the effects of smoke inhalation. The fire was contained within the flat preventing further fire spread and flashover.
Coverage of the system included all 67 residential flats, communal areas, laundry room and store shed, the installation was completed in February 2019.
- BAFSA focus May 2021 publication, for all the latest news on sprinklers
- Cornwall Fire & Rescue Service
- Falmouth Packet