- This event has passed.
Clapham High Rise Sprinkler Save
13 December 2021 @ 7:33 pm - 8:11 pm
- Date of incident ;13 December 2021
- Time of call; 19:33
- Location of incident; Clapham, London
- Fire Rescue Service; London Fire Brigade (LFB)
- Occupancy; Residential block of flats of 12 floors
- Location of fire, utility room
- Activation 1x sprinkler head (Reliable RFC49)
- Water supply Suction tank and pump
The above-mentioned incident has been reported involving a 6 roomed split-level flat across the 10th and 11thfloors, 1 residential sprinkler head operated extinguishing the fire.
Business continuity, operational crews isolated the system keeping damage minimal.
LFB reported that a woman was rescued from a balcony using a fire escape hood taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service.
This is local, reported that the cause of the fire is under investigation, with six fire appliances attending from Clapham, Brixton, Battersea, Tooting , Chelsea and Lambeth
This incident confirms once again the benefit of sprinklers
- Fire confined to compartment of origin
- Flash over prevented
- Safety of fire crews reinforced
- Carbon emissions reduced
BAFSA, Sprinkler focus is the biannual magazine of the British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association now available to download, your attention is drawn to Think Sprinklers…think sprinkler saves which contains all reported saves from June to November 2021