- This event has passed.
Pre-Engineered Watermist Suppression Activation:Flat
- Incident; Kitchen fire
- When; 01/06/2023
- Time of incident; 22:30
- Where, Manchester
- Type of Residential block of flats of 3 floors
- Automatic fire suppression System:
The above-mentioned incident has been reported following the activation of the premises pre-engineered watermist suppression system, Automist following a kitchen fire within an open plan flat.
It is reported that the fire was extinguished by the activation of the nozzle unit resulting in minimal fire property damage, no injuries were reported.
Further guidance on Innovative systems/pre-engineered systems can be found in the BAFSA Information file No 9 “Watermist systems for protection of buildings” focusing on the importance to ensure that such systems have been designed and tested for use in buildings and are fit for their intended purpose.
- Sprinkler Saves Annual Review 2022/23
- Greater London Review of Fire Sprinklers
- Water mist systems for protection of buildings BIF 9
- Automatic Fire Suppression Watermist Activation: School