- This event has passed.
Person assisted from Lincoln flat after chip pan fire
7 August 2021 @ 12:00 am
Lincoln chip pan sprinkler save
Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue Service (LFRS) tweeted at 7 August, 15:51 hours details of a kitchen fire involving a chip pan left unattended.
The residential sprinkler head activated restricting damage to 50% of the kitchen and moderate smoke damage to 100% of the flat.
On arrival operational crews identified that the fire was all out due to the activation of the residential sprinkler system, assisting 1 adult and 2 cats to safety and administrated oxygen due to smoke inhalation.
BAFSA have released a comprehensive video that demonstrates the clear benefits of sprinklers involving chip pan fires, click here to open