- This event has passed.
Irvine Kitchen Sprinkler Save Scotland
March 17 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Date of Incident: 17 March 2022
- Location of Incident: Irvine
- Premises: Residential block of flats
- Housing Provider: North Ayrshire Council
- Location of fire: Kitchen
- Ignition source: Food, organic
- Automatic Fire Suppression System: Watermist
- Image credit NPHS Fire Sprinklers Ltd
The above-mentioned cooking fire was contained, extinguished with minimal fire/smoke damage. Fortunately, the resident was woken by the activation of the misting system with no injuries reported.
This incident clearly identifies the benefits of installing Automatic Fire Suppression Systems, in this case watermist as a life safety system in residential dwellings.
Water mist can have a number of highly attractive features when compared to more widely used sprinkler systems including using reduced water storage and smaller diameter pipework.
Your attention is drawn to the guidance contained within BAFSA, Information File No 9 Watermist Systems for protection of buildings.when proposing to install a residential/domestic watermist system in accordance with Bs8458:2015.