- This event has passed.
City of London Sprinkler Save
10 July 2021 @ 9:59 pm
- FRS; London Fire Brigade (LFB)
- Location; City of London
- Date of Incident; 10 July 2021
- Time of Call; 20:59
- Occupancy; Commercial
- Location of fire; Kitchen
- Sprinkler system actuation
LFB have reported the above-mentioned incident, resulting in the mobilization of four fire appliances to a fire within a shop with a restaurant above on New London Street.
Fire damage was contained to part of the ground floor only due to the activation of the premises sprinkler system. 2 sidewall sprinkler heads operated restricting fire damage to 20% of the ground floor only. The water supply for the sprinkler system was from the town main.
A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “The fire was discovered by a member of the public who saw smoke coming from a door on the ground floor. There were no working smoke alarms inside the property. The fire is believed to have been accidental and caused by an electrical fault in an extractor fan.
- BAFSA; Further information, FAQ’s industrial & Commercial sprinkler systems can be found in the information file 6b
- LFB, press release