- This event has passed.
Cheshire Factory Sprinkler Activation
27 January 2022 @ 11:51 am - 1:00 pm
- Fire Rescue Service; Cheshire Fire & Rescue Service
- Date of incident; 27 January 2022
- Time of call; 11:51
- Location of Incident; Road Four Winsford
- Purpose group; Factory
- Suppression System; Sprinklers
Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service have reported the following incident involving a macerator.
Two fire appliances from Winsford and Northwich were mobilised, on their arrival, crews wearing breathing apparatus discovered that the premises Automatic Fire Suppression System (AFSS) had operated containing the fire, Involving a piece of machinery.
This incident clearly identifies once again the benefits of AFSS for premises large or small, preventing major financial and equipment losses for UK businesses. It should be noted that fires within commercial/industrial settings which are not protected by AFSS destroy businesses on a regular basis. On numerous occasions businesses
Do not recover, having a major impact to their clients, suppliers and their reputation
Did you know
- Fire data on fire incidents involving industrial type premises reported in Great Britain for the period of 2018/19 to 2020/21, identified 379 fires where sprinklers were fitted.
- The Business Sprinkler Alliance, completed a report focusing on the financial and economic value of the damage and disruption caused by fires in commercial warehouse premises located in England & Wales which are not fitted with automatic fire sprinkler systems (AFSS).
Links, further reading
Yearbook 2021/22: The development of the UK Sprinkler Rules, Dale Kinnersley Fire Protection Association