- This event has passed.
Canary Wharf Tall Building Kitchen Sprinkler Activation
4 September 2023
- Date of incident; 4 September 2023
- Location; London
- Use of building; Residential
- Number of floors; Purpose built Flat 10 or more stories
- Location of fire; Kitchen
- Automatic Fire Suppression System; BS9251:2014 Category 2 Sprinklers
- Fire Rescue Service; London Fire Brigade
Triangle Fire Systems have reported the above-mentioned incident involving a luxuary residential complex of 48 stories with a business centre, restaurants and shops.
- Kitchen fire fire involving cooking with oil
- Extinguished by the activation of one residential concealed pendent sprinkler (RD208)
- Water supply, boosted cold water
- No injuries were reported with minimal smoke damage, minor water damage to the flooring.
- The service engineer was on site within 30 minutes of being notified replacing both the sprinkler head and cover cap reinstating the system back to full service.
It should be remembered the installation of a life safety Automatic Fire Suppresion System is to reduce the rate of heat and smoke allowing more time for the
- Occupants to escape to safety or be rescued
- Firefighters to carrying out search and rescue operations by limiting fire development, which significantly reduces the risks to firefighters.
- Containing the fire within the compartment of origin
- Integrity of the means of escape maintained
Fire Sprinklers Greater London Review 2018-2021
This incident reinforcing the fire data contained within the BAFSA publication that focuses on incidents in Greater London where fire sprinklers have assisted to protect our communities from fire. Fire Sprinklers Greater London Review 2018-2021 provides powerful evidence of the role sprinklers play, as part of an appropriate package of fire safety measures, in reducing the impact of fire on people property and the environment.
The review is broken down into three key areas.
- Interrogating fire trends in Greater London for the period 2018-2021, reference to the fire data sets captured by the Incident Recording System
- Overview of fire data sets for the same period where sprinklers were recorded as being present in three key property types.
- Collection of Sprinkler save case studies reported to sprinkler saves uk
To drive change, we need your support to make sprinklers the norm and not the exception, if you hear of a save report it.
- Sprinkler Saves Review 2022/2023
- Sprinkler Saves Update No 2
- Fire Sprinklers Greater London Review 2018-2021
- Reporting a sprinkler save